Call for abstracts
Two posters sessions will take place during the EOOS Conference 2018, which include a 1-minute pitching opportunity for each poster presenter. To submit an abstract for a poster, please follow the steps below:
- Deadline abstract submission: 2 July 2018
- Notification on abstract acceptance: 21 September 2018
- Deadline for registration to the EOOS Conference: 1 November 2018
- EOOS Conference: 21-23 November 2018
The Poster abstracts should be relevant in the context of EOOS and related to one of these themes:
- Economic and non-economic value of ocean observing and monitoring;
- Ocean observation gaps and requirements, and solutions to tackle the challenges;
- Sharing efforts and collaboration across sectors and communities;
- Regional ocean monitoring efforts;
- From standalone to integrated ocean and coastal observing platforms;
- Citizen Science for observation and monitoring;
- Ocean observing for Industry: What are the needs and benefits for society?
- Ocean observation and Human Health: Monitoring needs and benefits;
- Future look at the next generation of observing & monitoring tools and approaches;
- EOOS: Sustainability, future priorities & next steps.
The abstract submission must include:
- An appealing poster title (limited to 150 characters including spaces);
- The abstract (limited to 500 words);
- For each author, the full name and affiliation must be submitted.
The selection committee, composed of representatives from the secretariats of EMODnet, European Marine Board and EuroGOOS, will take the following criteria into account when assessing the abstract submission:
- Relevance to EOOS and the thematic areas;
- Originality and quality of the abstract;
- Diversity of stakeholders: scientific community, industry, etc;
- Geographical and gender balance;
- Understandable for non-experts.
- Abstract must be submitted no later than 2 July 2018. Late applications will not be considered;
- The EOOS Conference poster format is A0 size (841 x 1189 mm), vertical;
- Authors will be requested to print and bring their own poster;
- If you wish to submit more than 1 poster, please fill out a new submission form;
- Pitch presentations will not exceed 1 minute;
- Presenting authors must register to attend the conference on at least the relevant day (21 or 22 November). The exact time, date and location to display posters will be communicated mid-September 2018. Authors should be available to discuss their poster with the public.
- Presenting authors are responsible for their travel and accommodation costs in Brussels;
- The content and accuracy of the submitted abstract is the responsibility of the authors, including obtaining any necessary permissions relating to images, data submitted, etc;